I did it again. For the second time. I signed in a contract on the first apartment I saw. It happened once in Rotterdam, now it happens again here.
I’m a very practical person. When looking for an apartment, I would set out a budget range which I think would be reasonable, then I would set some standards on what sort of things I was looking for in an apartment, and when I found it, voila! I signed the contract. I wouldn’t bother looking around for other apartments, because really, I wouldn’t let go of something that to me was too good to be true.
Have you had those moments, when looking for a pair of shoes that you went back to the first pair you saw, eventhough you’ve ransacked the whole department store to find something better than those first pair? Well, I had many times experienced those moments. And to me, ransacking the whole department store would be impractical and a waste of my energy. So, there.
In Rotterdam, I placed an ad on a local website, letting them know what sorts of things I was looking for. It just so happened that I found the perfect match. I had good landlords, the place was considered close to the centrum and centraal station (although my spoiled friends think walking to and fro were too far… heheheh…) it was safe, affordable and I loved it. In short, I found that place very practical.
In this city, I also looked on the local website. When I saw an interesting ad on the website, I contacted the landlord because I thought the price was affordable (many have warned me that the rent prices in this city have gone up shooting the stars that I won’t be able to find something of my standards – no sharing – with the kind of budget I have set). I wasn’t expecting any miracles when I set up the appointment with the landlord to see this ‘affordable’ place. I went with my best bud Yodz, just to make sure that I could get some local opinion on the place.
And again, it was too good to be true. Basically, everything I was looking for. Close to MRT station, safe, close to shopping and hawker centers, spacious, I can have it all for myself, and… a bit on the plus side, it’s on the penthouse! Spectacular view of the city at night, hahahahhah!!!
Since it has happened twice, Yodz told me that I fall in love too quickly. Well, if it was that kind of too good to be true, that everything I had asked for came true, why not???
If only I was that lucky with men. But then again, you can’t have all things in life, can you? So, I’m counting my blessings.
(Oh, and my dear Fitri O, I have checked the Feng Shui. It’s ok… hahahahah!!!)
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Isn't there perhaps something from the very successful strategies you use in the apartment hunt, you should apply in the sushi hunt?
However, actually sensible sushi's should seriously search you.
Meneer Colson, in an ideal world that would be the case. The sensible sushi guys should be searching for me.
But this is no ideal world, and I found many men with (please excuse my language) balls at the size of peanuts! hahahaha...
In other words: chicken! coward! hahahahaha
Well.. a girl with penthouse apartment in Singapore would have some effect to sushi guys.
Not so sure it would be the one that you expect though :-)
Haha Ber, I recall your story about your acquaintance once, whose boyfriend left her because she bought a property. Talk about men with balls at the size of atoms - so afraid of women having own properties - ckckck... ;-)
Well, I ain't got no property. My rented apartment is way way to the west, some 35 minutes from the city center by metro...
and about the penthouse... you got to count your blessings right? it's all in how you see things.
seriously...
Kitchen is not side by side with your bedroom? Got sunshine directly to your bedroom? No 3 parallel doors? The building is not in tusuk sate position? The room number is not containing number 4?
Apalagi ya...tanya ama temen2 cinamulah disana ya..
Hahahah... I love the nickname Fitri-O, sounds so Jackie-O hehehehe...
Kitchen not side by side with bedroom --> checked
No 3 parallel doors --> checked
Sunshine directly to bedroom --> checked
Room number not containing number 4 --> checked
No tusuk sate --> checked
See? I did my homework (org gw nyewanya jg dr oran cina gitulowh... hehehehe)
Dear Sushi Hunter,
You've been reporting about the dramatic downsizing of balls from peanuts to atoms over the timespan of a couple of days.
On behalf of mankind I beg you to find some cure. Because in the end, penthouses or no penthouses, no mixed choirs will be possible.
I don't underestimate the quality eunuchs singing the soprano part, but that's not the real thing.
So, please come up with some solution to restore back the old level of testosteron in in the traditional packing.
Thanking you in advance,
Colson.
I guess the apartment in Jurong, with beautiful swimming pool in middle (surround by tower)? and small gym? Meet you in there girl when I'm in Singapore.
Ok, more serious matters. As hard as you find the sushi-guy, I also have problem to find the sushi-girl. Find the perfect one, and just got rejected tonight, still she wants nothing change between us.
Are you girl really think that way? or I just have the balls to small to accept that, and just to have eat my heart out, still call, watch movie, dinner in a routine way, when she clearly don't want to be more than friend, and all I want is she to be mine.
my goodness Anonymous...
CURCOL lo??? hahahahahah!
men with small balls are those who ran away although he knew that the girl loved him very much.
men with small balls are those who lied and cheated on their girls.
men with small balls are those who chickened out seeing the signs of a strong girl.
men with small balls are those who are land crocodiles (and I have spread out an entire writing on how to spot these crocs).
if you're none of the above then you have nothing to worry about.
but if you got rejected, then it's not meant to be. don't be too hard on yourself. don't push something that's not meant to be.
you see, girls don't like men who are pushy or clingy or hope too much (see my other posting: I hate clingy people).
so, you got rejected. so what? life's too pretty to be nagging about rejections. move on.
(i can say this because i have gone through plenty of rejections. in fact, I just had my heart crushed. but i'm moving on).
to my most admired Grandpa Colson: Believe me, I am trying to find the cure or at least the potion to restore the testosterone packings to their 'normal' levels.
And no. I'm not an ultra feminist that only blames men.
It just so happens, I've seen the symptoms of atomic balls way too often in men than in women. in fact, i have seen many women who have got some 'cojones' eventhough we are not equipped with such packings.
men with small balls are those who ran away although he knew that the girl loved him very much.
>>hmmm, do that once, but it's really because I don't love her at all and don't think her more than a friend.
men with small balls are those who lied and cheated on their girls.
>> Never do that.
men with small balls are those who chickened out seeing the signs of a strong girl.
>> Always love a strong girl, the problem is, I also enjoy spoiled them, and those strong girl, really don't need to be spoiled hehehehe, my friend said that's the problem with me, don't pick the right girl
men with small balls are those who are land crocodiles (and I have spread out an entire writing on how to spot these crocs).
>> Luckily, I don't think I'm one.
Indeed it's a great place to live :-) I do fall in love at first sight too.. those granite floor, those lovely sofas and huge flat TV,? cool.. love it! :-))
Thanks ya Sushi-Hunt for having me in your penthouse yesterday.. will do come over or sleep over again if have a chance and you let me in off course:-)thanks a bunch dear...!
Post a Comment